Friday 29 June 2012

Hold the hot pot

Zakka Style Patchwork Potholders
For some reason I dragged my feet with this project. I think it was more about fabric choices than the actual sewing. I had trouble deciding what to use. I should have gone to my selvedge box first because the second red/pink creation came from there. It was the easiest to put together.
For the green/blue version I got out some Denyse Schmidt fat quarters and lopped off a few ends. I've actually made 4 pot holders from what was initially cut.
The backing and pockets were made from re-purposed tea towels.


The binding is also from my leftover binding stash. I just could not cut into the bias of my dwindling linen supply.


I also managed to sew an orange version of the Ribbon Star block from Freshly Pieced for Kate in the June swap for QCA Beehive #1. I am hoping it is appealing enough for her to overcome her orange aversion!
Kristy of Quiet Play has finished up our Collaborations for a Cause quilt this week. You can see her post here. It is stunning! I love the front of rainbow charms with the contrasting dark grey sashing. 


And my quilt back did not come up too badly.




I have been sewing and watching a lovely BBC series called 'Lark Rise to Candleford.' It was highly recommended by Kristy  and it does not disappoint. I love the main character - postmistress Dorcas Lane - brilliantly played by actress Julia Sawalha.


I am late but linking up with...

Zakka Style Sew Along

3 comments:

  1. Great looking pot holders, the colours are great =D

    There's this shop on Etsy that sells linen of you need more
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/FreshStash?section_id=10013329

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your potholders are lovely Fiona - I love the green DS one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the string pot holders and other projects! Thanks for sharing.
    Quilting at the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.