Sunday 1 July 2012

'To Do' First July

I am very excited about July. I have plans to make it my 'learn to foundation paper piece' month. And I have the tool to do it! My gorgeous bloggy friend Kristy has agreed to teach me and a couple of friends from Coffs Fresh Quilters next weekend. Kristy is a gun paper piecer (remember the chameleon bag she sent me last week?) and she just got a new computer program to help her develop her design skills. 


So it is time to set some goals for this month of July. My list has already begun.


New Skill to Learn
Paper piecing - with Quiet Play


Quilts
Quilt back for 'Katie Jump Kites'
'Sherbert Dreams' 


Zakka Style Sew Along
Water Bottle Holder
Elephant Bookmark
Patchwork Ribbon
Delightful Linen Bag
Bread Basket


Blocks
QCA Bee #1 July blocks
Craftsy BOM June blocks - I am opting out of the July blocks (I don't like Dresden blocks sorry!)


Swaps
Handmade Secret Santa - with Blossom Heart 
Rainbow Charm Swap - with QCA (I chose 1 yard of green, yellow and pink tone on tone)
Rainbow Charm Square Swap #2- with QCA. (unfortunately I got yellow - so I need to find 10 FQs - yikes! Lucky I have lovely friends in the QCA group who may rescue me.)
Novelty Fabric Swap - with Threads n' Mess
Travelling Stash - with Cass the Coolest
Travelling Fat Quarter Stash - with Stop that Owl

So that's quite a hefty list for 31 days. What about your list?


I am linking up with 'to do' first with Lawson and Lotti.







Lawson and Lotti

4 comments:

  1. That's a heck of a lot of goals! Best stop blogging and get sewing right now! Looks like a lovely bunch of tasks though, enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeee can't wait for our sewing session next weekend! Paper piecing galore!

    Looks like a busy month ahead of you - can't wait to see what you accomplish :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh all those swaps sound like fun! I really need to join some this month!
    Hope you get everything you want done within the month...as time seems to be whizzing by =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a serious list mrs!!! How you getting on with it? Paper piecing is so much fun, shout out if you need a hand at all :-)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.